Wallet recovery after loss of DAT file

• After setting up an encrypted wallet and giving it a QTUM balance, my OS crashed and I lost my last backup of wallet.dat. Is there a way to salvage or otherwise recover the wallet?

I have only the wallet address, passphrase, and blockchain tx data. The balance is in the wallet, but before any further tx I will need to reconstruct the wallet.dat file so I can restore.

Please help. Alternately, please advise me that my failure to keep another backup of wallet.dat is an irreparable blunder.

• The wallet.dat file contains the encrypted pivate keys. Without that file, all is lost. Do you have any earlier (unencrypted) versions of the wallet.dat file? You could try a disk recovery utility or maybe SpinRite https://www.grc.com/sr/spinrite.htm but without recovering the wallet.dat file, all is lost. If it was a signicant amount you could also try a commrecial disk recovery serivce, but the good ones will be expensive and there are no guarantees of successful recovery.

Looks like your connection to QTUM was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.