VM plugin interface

• Hi all,

I've been reading the sources on the official GitHub, and I only see the EVM integration, not the new x86 VM. On the other hand, I found the VM itself in a separate repo.

I'm wondering if there has been work on the abstraction layer. I'm just starting to experiment with a portable C version of the Linux eBPF VM from https://github.com/iovisor/ubpf The attraction is the kernel folks have already done much of the work to formalize what a validator for eBPF might look like, and it JITs well.

In preparation for this post, I uploaded a draft of our Core Semi Whitepaper, which talks a little about why this is important... what we are doing is making a hardware accelerator for smart contracts. The guys at Netronome (the networking card folks, not the portable token Metronome) have already shown how a dedicated hardware engine can be targeted by an eBPF JIT.

For those that haven't heard of eBPF, it's the native VM that Linux uses to allow safe user loading of code into the network stack, for introspection, etc. Basically, the authors call it a 'simplified x86' because each opcode JITs to (basically) single x86 instruction...

Is thee a source repo with the QTUM stack plus the x86 VM merged that someone can point me at?

Cheers,
    J.

Looks like your connection to QTUM was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.