Corrupted Block Database. How to solve it?
I've been using the QT wallet for a few weeks since the swap. Today, I had to do a system restore on my computer because of some settings I've messed up. I have backup in order, passphrase and the private key. So, I'm not worried but still a bit concerned with this behavior. When I started the QTUM wallet after the system restore I got the error:
"Corrupted block database detected. Do you want to rebuilt the block database now?"
And then: "Error opening block database"
- repeatedly tried to answer yes. The chain are re-downloaded again. Does not help.
- upgraded the QT wallet to 0.14.7. Does not help.
- ran the Qtum-Qt --salvagewallet command. That DID recover my roughly 20% tokens that was missing in the old wallet, but it did not remove the startup error.
- deleted the whole installation and reinstalled. Does not help.
- tried the QT win64 and the win64 setup version of the wallet. Does not help.
- tried to run the wallet with no previous wallet backup. Does not help.
Same error message of corrupt and bad blocks/chain no matter what.
Anyone have an idea of what's wrong?
When you deleted the entire installation, did you delete the QTUM folder in "Roaming"?