PoS Reward Standard Deviation

• Does anyone have a clue as to what the variance or standard deviation looks like, besides the expected days to receive a reward?

So PoS is random, and follows some sort of statistical distribution, and yea luck is involved, so you may not receive a reward by the expected time, but I was curious as to what the standard deviation looks like?

Maybe the wallet could include that statistic as well, to give us stakers a much better idea of when we could receive a reward

I am concerned because I have an average expected time of, let's say X days, and so far it has been nearly 4X days, and I still haven't received a reward. It has been 4 times the expected time to receive a reward and I still haven't received anything. Is it just that I am extremely unlucky?

Maybe something else is going wrong?

I am becoming more open to the staking pool idea. Anyone know if this is a possibility going forward?

• Using the Binomial Distribution to obtain the probability function in the specific case of receiving 0 rewards yields the following equation:

Probability of receiving 0 Qtum rewards over N trials = (1-Prob of Staking)^number of trials

Prob of Staking = My Qtum Tokens / Network Weight

Say Network Weight has been fluctuating between 5,621,326 and 22,485,302.

The number of trials per day is 675.

In my case I have been staking for 14 days. So I have gone through 675*14 = 9450 trials.

I calculated the odds of me receiving 0 rewards under the above Network Weights for the last 14 days to be very very low.

I guess this could mean I am just extremely unlucky. It could also mean something else is going on in the staking reward math, that goes beyond just basic probability based on your Qtum / Network Weight.

Assuming Network Weight doesn't fluctuate any more than the above two values, I should be due for a reward very soon. Otherwise I will soon be experiencing a <.1% event. I'll give it another few weeks, hoping the Network Weight doesn't shift that much to make things easier. If I don't get a reward still, then I would conclude something has to be up, as I would have gone through way too many trials to not realistically receive a reward.

• -Deleted

• Update:

I just received a reward.

According to the Binomial Distribution, the odds of me waiting this long without receiving a reward were about .5% - 3% (Probabilities fluctuated as the Network Weight fluctuated)

I guess those weren't THAT bad of odds, and I was just unlucky.

I would have been more concerned if I reached the .1%-.01% territory, but that didn't happen. To me that would signify that I would have been impractically unlucky to the point that maybe my understanding of the probability of staking is inaccurate. But that hasn't happened so everything is looking reasonable to me.

Looks like your connection to QTUM was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.