How to Separate Staking Address from Rewards?

• I am wondering if it is possible to send staking rewards to a separate address in my wallet so that it doesn't interfere with the staking process?

I recently staked a block...the problem is that the 0.4 QTUM rewarded to me was added to my original "Staked" coin balance and now the wallet has stopped me from staking until my balance becomes "mature" again after another 500 confirmations!

Example:
    My address is Qa1xxx...
    I want to stake 100 QTUM.
    I must wait 500 confirmations in order for 100 QTUM to mature.
    Once matured, I can begin to stake.
    When a block is staked, I receive the first 0.4 QTUM payment.
    I now have a total of 100.4 QTUM on address Qa1xxx...
    Staking is disabled as I have no mature coins.
    I must wait 500 confirmations in order for 100.4 QTUM to mature.
    Once matured, I can begin to stake again.
    I also receive 3.6 QTUM reward under "Stake" which requires 500 confirmations before becoming "available".
    This process repeats forever.

The above is exactly what I am experiencing right now and I must say that it is rather ridiculous!

Is there a way that I can instruct my QTUM qt wallet to send my 0.4 QTUM reward to another available address in my wallet while allowing my "staked" coins to continue staking uninterrupted?
    Here is an example of how I would like it to be.

Example:
    My address is Qa1xxx...
    I want to stake 100 QTUM.
    I must wait 500 confirmations in order for 100 QTUM to mature.
    Once matured, I can begin to stake.

When a block is staked, I receive the first 0.4 QTUM payment on address Qb7xxx...
    I now have a total of 100 QTUM on address Qa1xxx... AND 0.4 QTUM payment on address Qb7xxx...
    Staking is NOT disabled as I have 100 mature coins on address Qa1xxx...
    I DO NOT have to wait for any confirmations in order for 100 QTUM to mature as they are already matured.
    Staking continues uninterrupted forever.

If so, please explain the procedure.

Thanks.

• exactly the same thing has happened to me, i got a 0.4 reward and now im only staking 132 coins while i wait for the reward to mature.

• i havent tried yet but that probably sounds like a bug then otherwise there is a work around? Making the rewarded coins wait for confirmation sounds ridiculous ..no other staking coin does that

• @kahmed
    It's not a bug. After staking a block you get rewarded 0.4 QTUM. You must then wait 500 confirmations (approximately 20 hours) before receiving the rest of the reward. (3.6 QTUM) While waiting you will be unable to stake until your coins become mature again.

Immediately after receiving your full reward of 4 QTUM, you may resume staking again.

• Why does receiving a reward cause ALL of the coins in the wallet to be considered no longer mature, even if you have had most of them in there for plenty of time? This essentially knocks the staker out of the running for 500 blocks after receiving a reward. If I send an additional staking amount to my staking wallet, does that also mark all the coins in it as no longer mature for 500 blocks?

• @jph108
    It seems that it was designed to be this way. I guess the developers wanted to give other wallets a chance to find staking rewards during your 500 confirmation "timeout".

I'm not sure what you mean by additional staking amount. Please clarify!

If you send any amount of QTUM to a wallet to be staked, that amount will have to mature as well. Even if it were matured in another wallet before you sent it to the current wallet.

If you send 100 coins to a wallet address that already has 200 mature coins in it then the 100 coins will need to mature but you can immediately stake the 200 coins.

• @qtumbob I think that answered my question - if I have a wallet that is staking with 100 mature QTUM in it, and I send an additional 10 QTUM to that wallet, you're saying that the wallet will continue to stake the 100 QTUM (not get timed out for 500 blocks), while it's just the 10 QTUM that need to mature? Put another way, receiving the staking reward is what causes the 500 block timeout, not just receiving new coins from a regular transfer, is that correct?

• @jph108
    Absolutely correct :)

• CONCLUSION:
    There is no way to separate "Staking Address" from Rewards.

Topic can be closed now.

Looks like your connection to QTUM was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.