Smart contract and stake delegation

• Hi,

is it or will it be possible to write a contract where multiple parties can transfer funds to.
    This funds then should be used for staking. Like a mining pool.
    Every user should be able to access only his funds and his share of the mined coins.

Thanks

• @aykay

A staking mining pool... great concept! I've actually talked to a couple of others wondering the same...

• Even if it's not a staking mining pool but an escrow service . That would be a great feature.

• Looks like it will be doable with ethereum
    https://github.com/darcius/rocketpool
    https://medium.com/@darcius/rocket-pool-your-new-casper-friendly-ethereum-pos-pool-in-alpha-75709bd19936
    I have an idea, which requires POS and pools, i would like to test. Is there anything comparable in QTUM or is it better to wait until POS is implemented in ethereum?

• qtum team

Hi, This is something I've personally thought a lot about. It's a very powerful concept. I have some rough drafts of some ideas on how this could be possible, but it requires some extensions to both our PoSv3 consensus model, and to either the EVM, or later VMs. The way I imagine it could work would basically making it so that block creation and staking rewards are separated. The idea basically being you can park your coins in a provably secure smart contract, then trusted/semi-trusted partners use the coins in the smart contract to create stake blocks, and then finally the block creators and funders share the 4 Qtum block reward (probably 50/50).

The one concern is that is still to be reconciled is malicious parties using these pooled funds in order to create multiple blocks or attacking the network in some way. Hence, I think there will still be some trust involved. Regardless, with how the AAL is structured, this is definitely possible with some extensions, the hard part is making sure it doesn't allow attackers to gain an advantage. We have some rough ideas, but it's not been fully designed yet. It is definitely our goal to allow this though eventually.

• Hello, thank you for the response. As far as i understand, ethereum has the same trust problem. A malicious actor could use the pooled funds and act against the network. The network would penalize the actor until the stake is lost. So to participate in the pool you have to trust the owner of the pool. I think i would build the trust at the contract level. The contract could require that a certain amount of the fund is staked by the contract owner. So it would be economicaly not wise to act against the network.

Looks like your connection to QTUM was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.