Dev Update Week of June 12th

• qtum team

Week of June 12th:

Changes made through this week to the core wallet:

Bugs fixed:

• [Consensus/PoS] Made sure that a PoS block's coinstake tx was only check if the block contained at least 2 transactions
    • [Consensus/EVM] Made EVM gas behavior to work as expected regardless of the Qtum gas price

Work completed:

• [GUI/Qt] Changed blockchain size warning from 122Gb to 1Gb
    • [Misc/EVM] Cleaned up the EVM's use of cout and stdout so that all log messages are put in a log file, rather than logged to the console
    • [Consensus] Added consensus rule that a block may have a timestamp more than 15 seconds into the network time
    • [Consensus/PoS] Changed some PoS support functions to use safer and more effecient data from the block header, rather than relying on block body data
    • [Consensus/EVM] Added a consensus rule that a single contract execution can create no more than 1000 vouts.
    • [Staker/PoS] Completely reworked the PoS staker so that it looks forward in time for valid stakes, only processes transactions after a stake is found, prepares a block up to 96 seconds before publishing it, and made it aware of time limits for PoS as well as fully aware of the cost of including contract transactions in blocks
    • [Misc] Some refactoring and code clean up that does not affect logic
    • [Misc] Renamed OP_TXHASH to OP_SPEND, as OP_TXHASH is no longer a represenative name for it's purpose

In-progress work and soon to be fixed bugs:

• [RPC/EVM] The default gas limits in the RPC interface are too small to do anything significant with
    • [Staker/PoS] Staking (or PoW mining) on OSX does not properly construct blocks that contain contracts, resulting in rejected blocks. This does not affect Linux

• @qtum-earlz

Will the users be able to adjust gas in their wallets? I am not sure if this is relevant or not, but I have the ledger nano s hardware wallet and the gas limit is not adjustable for ether. It is set so low that it will not let me transfer ether. I emailed them and they are trying to update their application so it is adjustable.

• qtum team

@frankrbruno yes, you will be able to adjust the gas price in the wallet

Looks like your connection to QTUM was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.