Ether and Bitcoin

• Will the mobile wallet have the capability to store Bitcoin and or Ether with QTUM?

• my guess is QTUM may branch into that but in early stages if it isnt already possible then I am Sure both Eth and Bit based wallets will accept QTUM since it is kind of the prodigy child of both my friend

• qtum team

The wallet won't be able to store Bitcoin or Ethereum, they're different Blockchains. It would require third party software. Ultimately, it would be best to just have one of those providers allow Qtum to be stored in their wallet, along with other tokens.

• @Brett Any word on which providers will be the ones dealing with QTUM?

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• @frankrbruno said in Ether and Bitcoin:

Will the mobile wallet have the capability to store Bitcoin and or Ether with QTUM?
    Qtum is a mix of Bitcoin and Ethereum. Actually, Qtum is built on a bitcoin core fork, but the Qtum foundation has created its own hybrid blockchain with the help of several key tools. Qtum uses bitcoin’s blockchain because of its simple and stable nature, allowing the foundation to build upon it more easily.On top of the foundation, it uses a layer of abstraction that enables Qtum to combine several virtual machines that contribute different functionalities. Most important among these is the Ethereum Virtual Machine, which gives Qtum the ability to create its own smart contracts.

• @infograins

Lol When I asked this question, it was before any wallets were available to the public yet. I wasn't asking what Qtum was because I knew what it was, but good explanation of Qtum ;)

The Best quick amd most updated explanation of Qtum by Qtum's lead developer and Co- Founder

Since I've done this elevator pitch so much at Consensus, here's the 1 minute rundown.

Qtum is a smart contract platform built on an independent blockchain. This is similar to Ethereum. Right now we have the Ethereum virtual machine working on our platform, which means you can write solidity contracts like Ethereum, but run them on a different underlying blockchain. Where we differ from Ethereum is that we are focused on bringing smart contracts to mobile and IoT devices. We are also already proof of stake, and have been since the mainnet launch in September 2017. This means we aren't burning an entire country's worth of electricity just to compute some useless magic numbers. Our future direction is two things: First, the x86 VM. This virtual machine will allow for you to use C++, Rust, Go, etc, to write smart contracts. This opens up the mindshare and hiring pool to include a whole new sector of people. Our other future direction is making an enterprise version of Qtum that will exist alongside the public blockchain for companies to use where a public blockchain might be impractical, or where they need customizations. Futhermore, x86 will tie into the enterprise version as well to allow for these companies with accounting code from the 1990s to actually take that existing code, make some modifications so it works in QtumOS, and then their accounting system is working within a smart contract. And finally, the last piece of this huge puzzle is a decentralized governance protocol that basically allows us to easily scale and adapt to a changing external world without requiring a fork. This component will be a first class citizen of the x86 VM so that smart contracts and Dapps can include a proven and stable governance system with very low cost, and configure it to meet their needs exactly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Qtum/comments/8kbydz/what_is_qtum_and_how_is_it_useful/

Looks like your connection to QTUM was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.